A man is not old as long as he is seeking something. ~Jean Rostand
Whether you are seeking friendship, exercise, educational programs or recreational and leisure activities the Webster Senior Center is one place that is committed to providing these opportunities for residents of the town of Webster. We welcome you to check out the various programs and activities we offer in the Webster Parks and Recreation Department’s Program Guide, which is available at the Senior Center, the Webster Library, the Webster Town Hall and the Recreation Center. Programs are also online. You are also invited to stop by the Webster Senior Center to see our facilities firsthand, and we encourage you to share your ideas about what we can do to enrich your experience with us.
• Recreational and Leisure Programs/Activities – Every season the Webster Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of programs for all ages. Consult the program guide for details on registering for the latest fitness, arts and craft, dance and personal enrichment programs. Seniors involved in the Lunch Club 60 program are transported 2 times per week to the Webster Recreation Center, 1350 Chiyoda Drive, to use the fitness center.
• Seminars/Educational Programs – Throughout the year we offer programs that will expand your knowledge, teach you a new skill or help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Recent seminars have provided information on how to protect yourself from the latest scams and ripoffs, how to organize your personal and financial information and ways to avoid falls and keep your body limber.
• Holiday/Birthday Parties – There is always something worth celebrating at the Webster Senior Center. A special birthday party is held at the beginning of each month for all those who are turning a year older during that month. Also every major holiday is observed with a special meal and entertainment.
• Bridge and Euchre – If you love to play these games there is a time set aside nearly every week for playing with others who enjoy playing cards. Bridge is played on Tuesdays and Euchre on Thursdays and both are held at the Webster Recreation Center
• Visionairies – This support group assists those who are experiencing problems with their vision. The group is facilitated by one its members, Jim Fleming and is being held at the recreation center the first Wednesday of the month at 10:00 am. Guest speakers are sometimes featured at these meetings.
• Senior Singers – This coed group rehearses weekly and sings Broadway show tunes, old standards and holiday songs. Senior Singers also meet at the Webster Recreation Center. They often perform in the community.